Document checklist when selling your van
For webuyanyvan to buy your van, we need you to bring documentation to verify your identity, your address and ownership of the vehicle. See below for a full list:
- The vehicle's V5 registration document (logbook) showing you to be the registered keeper.
- Your driving licence.
- 2 proofs of address, e.g. utility or phone bills issued within the last 3 months.
- A debit card, cheque book or statement for the account that will be used for payment.
- Any service history information you have for the van.
- The owner's manual.
- A valid MOT certificate (where applicable).
- If there is outstanding finance to be settled by webuyanyvan.com, you must obtain and provide a letter from your finance company detailing a current settlement figure.
If you or your vehicle qualify for VAT then you will also need to bring additional information before we can purchase your vehicle.
You will need to ensure you bring the following:
- VAT registration certificate. This could either relate to a company or you as an individual.
- Original purchase invoice for the vehicle showing that VAT has been paid.
- If you are selling on behalf of a company, then an original copy of the company bank account statement or company cheque is also needed.
In addition to the above, please make sure you bring the following items for your van where applicable:
- Any spare keys, particularly if you have a red diagnostic key.
- The locking wheel nut for the alloy wheels where fitted.
- Detachable fascia and security code for the radio.
- Security code for obtaining replacement keys.
- Any discs required for the satellite navigation system.